What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a non-invasive, complementary therapy that works alongside conventional medical care, it helps to create homeostasis within the body, induce relaxation and promote circulation, based on the theory that different points on the feet correspond with different areas of the body. These three outcomes can activate the body’s own healing system to heal and prevent ill health, restoring energy levels, and improving sleep, helping you to feel emotionally and physically stronger.
What conditions does Reflexology treat?
- Back pain
- Chronic illnesses - diabetes, MS
- Chronic pain
- Digestive disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Headaches / migraines
- Pregnancy related conditions
- Preparation for and priming of labour
- Sleep disorders
- Stress and stress related conditions
What are the benefits of Reflexology?
- Stress relief and restoring energy levels - reflexology has been known to open neural pathways, and this sort of free-flowing neural activity results in a more relaxed state in the body, one of reduced stress. For this reason, reflexology can help to flood your system with relaxation, inducing a state of calm throughout your body and mind.
- Stimulate nerve function - as we get older our nerve endings become less sensitive in parts of our body. A reflexology treatment can help to stimulate more than 7,000 different nervous endings, increasing their function and reactivity.
- Speeds up recovery after injury - with the combination of increased nerve activity and circulation, as well as the more balanced functioning of the metabolism, this can help cells re-grow faster and wounds are able to heal faster.
- Eliminates toxins and activates the body's healing system - which can help to improve bladder function and to reduce urinary tract issues. Helps to create a more efficient system of eliminating toxins and other foreign substances, helping to protect your body from various diseases and health conditions that can often arise from a compromised urinary system.
- Boosts circulation - blood and oxygen are being cycled through the body more effectively. This means more oxygen reaches vital organs, optimising their functioning and increasing the metabolism.
- Induces a state of deep relaxation and improves sleep
Everyone is different and our bodies may respond quicker to treatments than others. You may feel an improvement after one treatment, however it may be advisable that a course of 3 or 4 treatments would be more beneficial and provide greater results, followed up with monthly or quarterly maintenance treatments, dependant on individual health.
To book an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01928 898 446